While it hasn't been much of a secret, we can confirm that Shane Helms is working with TNA in an agent capacity.
The company was looking for additional agents several months ago, as some were being overworked. When names were being thrown around as possibilities for the roles, Helms' name was brought up. The Hardy Boys vouched for Helms, and he came in and started contributing almost immediately.
Helms has been out of the ring, as he underwent ACL surgery last year. He'll likely be rehabbing until September or October, and continuing to work in his position with TNA Wrestling. Helms has also been booking and promoting OMEGA with the blessing of both Matt and Jeff Hardy. The company has booked both of the Hardys, in addition to TNA star Ethan Carter III.
We'll have more information on Helms joining TNA in the third part of out interview with Matt Hardy tomorrow. You can check out part two at this link.
- In the videos below, Matt Hardy and Bram discuss Tag Team Gold on this Friday's TNA Impact Wrestling:
- TNA has moved The Great Sanada to their Alumni roster, indicating his departure. James Storm recently mentioned on Impact that we would never see Sanada again. He's expected to return to Wrestle-1 in Japan.
- WrestlingDVDNews.com has revealed three more matches for WWE's "It’s Good To Be The King: The Jerry Lawler Story" DVD and Blu-ray that comes out on May 19th:
* The Great Debate: Lawler vs. Paul E. Dangerously, RAW on 3/10/1997
* Lawler and Rob Van Dam vs. The Headbangers, Shotgun Saturday Night on 6/14/1997
* Lawler vs. Tommy Dreamer, ECW Hardcore Heaven 1997
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the March 6th Northeast Wrestling event in Waterbury, CT drew a sellout crowd of 2,113 fans, which is strong for an indie crowd. Stars who appeared included Alberto El Patron, Matt Hardy, The Young Bucks, Jerry Lawler, Roddy Piper, AJ Styles and others.
- The Miz congratulated his former associate Alex Riley on his return to the ring during Wednesday night's WWE NXT episode. Miz tweeted:
- Alberto El Patron (Alberto Del Rio) is currently suffering from a torn quad after wrestling a match this past Wednesday night in Mexico. Patron did work Friday night's Northeast Wrestling event in Waterbury, CT but was limited in the ring.
At the Northeast Wrestling event on Friday night, Patron was scheduled to face Matt Hardy but the match was changed to Patron and Hardy vs. The Young Bucks due to the injury. They shot an angle earlier where The Young Bucks attacked Patron and injured his ankle until Matt Hardy made the save and proposed the tag match, which Hardy and Patron won.
Patron worked the tag match with his thigh wrapped up and looked to be legitimately injured. Hardy wrestled just about the whole match by himself. Del Rio also did a pre-show meet & greet appearance.