Testify! Team 3D To Be Inducted Into The TNA Hall of Fame
- There was a lot of talk at TNA Bound For Glory today of how Team 3D made a challenge to New Japan Pro Wrestling's Bullet Club, on a Wrestle-1 promoted event. Apparently there were two mentions of Bullet Club from 3D during the show. This indicates that Bully Ray's recent tweet on going for "other" tag team titles was referring to New Japan. There's also speculation that it could mean 3D is going to work for Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling, which is working with NJPW.
- It was announced at the pay-per-view that Matt Hardy will be working Wrestle-1's November 1st event, which is the 30th anniversary show for The Great Muta. Alberto Del Rio will also be there.
- One fan in attendance at Bound For Glory said the show was good but there was zero reason to order the pay-per-view for TNA fans.
- There some fans standing in the crowd at Bound For Glory, which indicates a sell out. TNA's Bob Ryder noted on Twitter that the event was sold out. One fan noted that it was over-crowded. Below are photos of the crowd and the set:
- WWE's website has a new poll up for a future episode of WWE Countdown on the WWE Network, asking which Superstars are the strangest bedfellows. The options are:
* Team Hell No
* Owen Hart & Yokozuna
* Booker T & Goldust
* The Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection
* CM Punk & Kofi Kingston
* "Stone Cold" Steve Austin & Dude Love
* William Regal & Tajiri
* The Colossal Connection (Andre the Giant & Haku)
* Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov
* John Cena & Shawn Michaels
* Head Cheese (Al Snow & Steve Blackman)
* Matt Hardy & MVP
* The Oddities
* Hollywood Hogan & Edge
* ShowMiz (Big Show & The Miz)
The results will be revealed on a future WWE Countdown episode.
- TNA has released a new album called "TOI" with theme songs for Havok, The Great Muta, Bobby Lashley, Bram, Brittany, Rockstar Spud, Rhino, Chris Melendez, The Menagerie and others.
- Matt Hardy revealed that he worked Friday's TNA tapings, including the Full Metal Mayhem match, with a broken toe.
- On a related note, Matt's wife Reby Sky may be headed to TNA soon. She worked the One Night Only: Knockouts pay-per-view earlier this year but Matt told The Huffington Post this week that she's been in talks with the company about making a return.
- Matt Hardy recently spoke with Danny Stone of Royal Ramblings in the UK. Below are some highlights:
You're back in TNA and working a programme with Team 3D (The Dudley Boyz). What's it like being with them again?
Its good fun! It's like a time warp. It's so strange. We've been separated and we haven't been in the ring with those guys for about 12 years. You know as soon as we start working with them, we start having memories of old matches we had in Peoria Illinois - random cities across the world, it's a great dose of nostalgia. I think it's cool because we're all at a point where we can still go pretty strong in the ring and have a great match and not disappoint the people. We don't just get dressed up and come out as the Dudleys and the Hardy boys and play around for a couple of minutes, we can actually get out there and do an older version of ourselves and still kick ass and that's pretty cool.
You are back to being a tag-team with Jeff after a successful career as a singles wrestler. What's the allure of tagging again?
Every time now - especially as we get older - that I team with Jeff, it's truly magical. We grew up as legitimate blood brothers and it's a magical moment because our whole dream was to one day be the tag-team champions of the world and we did that multiple times. So anytime someone asks me, even if I'm embarking on the greatest singles run of my career and no-one can touch me, I would always go and work with Jeff. For me that's as good as it gets because that's what we always wanted to do when we were children. Few people get to live that dream and so, well anytime I can go back and team with Jeff, I'm certainly up for it and gonna love it.
What does the future hold TNA and Spike TV?
I'm really not sure. You know things came out and Spike have extended TNA and they'll try and work it out but a part of me believes that similar to a relationship that comes through a turbulent period, it's time to move on and look somewhere else. If the right scenario is found and they have a good TV partner, it could turn everything around for TNA. You have to wait and see and timing is everything, so we're on Impact wrestling on Spike through the end of the year and we've got a few months until then and it's going to be really interesting to see how things unfold. I think things are going to be fine here at Impact wrestling - and I don't even have to say that because I'm not someone that's under contract or a strict employee of the company. There's so much speculation and conjuncture online but I think things are going to be absolutely fine here.
What does this sort of speculation do to wrestlers working for the company?
I'm at that point where I'm basically a brand in myself. At the end of the day I know that Matt Hardy is going to be OK and I know that appearing on Impact wrestling is only going to make me stronger. So I don't need to think twice about it. For other guys it can be difficult. Younger guys, newer guys that aren't really sure where their futures going to be, they have bills to pay they have families to feed. Speculation is also highly, exponentially accelerated by online reports now and that's just the state of the game. Every internet journalist is going to print a story and put up what they think is a "scoop" and put their spin on it. No-one knows the true story except the people in TNA that are dealing with the TV people and that's it!
We've heard some pretty great rib stories from TNA wrestlers, so give us your best one..
Oh man! There's so many of them, even going back to the day when we were first learning about the art of the rib. Well, I first learned from probably the most famous ribber - that was Owen Hart. Even when we were first starting on TV as part time workers, Owen was always constantly up to different jokes. Probably the greatest rib I've ever been involved in happened at a pay-per-view event where Owen used me as one of the guys to stand guard and make sure that Vince McMahon and the office guys didn't leave the building. He told them not to leave a specific room they were in because he told them that there was some emergency across the building. In the meantime, he rushed all of the hoardings that they bought for the set into Vince's office and they crashed and ruined it which was pretty hilarious and also pretty gutsy on Owens part to rib the boss like that.
- We noted before that WXW C4 wrestler Brute VanSlyke worked a dark match at Wednesday and Thursday's TNA Impact Wrestling tapings in Bethlehem, PA. WWE Legend Samu was at the tapings with some of his students, including Brute, Lance Anoa'i and Brandon Scott for dark matches. Anoa'i and Scott reportedly wrestled on Thursday night.
- As noted, TNA taped a Full Metal Mayhem match at Friday's Impact Wrestling tapings with The Wolves, Team 3D and The Hardys. The match was held on tapings for mid-November but will actually air several weeks earlier. Matt Hardy tweeted the following about the match:
"The fans at the @IMPACTWRESTLING tapings tonight witnessed a special match 4 these titles. It was 1 of the best ever."
"Tonight's ranks up there w/ the original TLCs."
Fans and wrestlers in attendance also praised the match, including Tommy Dreamer. He tweeted the following:
"I just watched an amazing TLC TEAM 3D HARDY BOYZ WOLVES. UNREAL STUFF. WHENEVER & WHEREVER IT AIRS MUST SEE BETTER THAN NYC @IMPACTWRESTLING"