- Here are some of Matt Hardy's tweets during last night's WWE RAW from Des Moines:
"Just flipped on #WWE #RAW.. I'm intrigued by this version of the 4 Horsemen on the Highlight Reel tonight."
"I love #WWE & respect the company. WWE gave me SO much-But it drives me crazy when they insult viewers by force-feeding them absurd stories."
"If pro wrestling wants to be taken seriously, it has 2 be presented as fun, yet logical, to the viewer. That goes 4 EVERY wrestling company."
"TV's advanced so much in terms of sophisticated storytelling. Wrestling hasn't &viewers see thru it."
"I LOVE pro wrestling. In 2014, w/ shows like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, True Detective etc, wrestling storytelling on TV has gotta step up."
"i.e. Walking Dead is outrageous fiction, but consistent & has continuity within its parameters. Viewers lose themselves in the WD universe."
"WD stays in the parameters of it's created universe, suspending a viewer's disbelief. Wrestling should strive 2."
- For indie appearances, Matt Hardy usually charges $1,500, plus hotel and transportation, plus another $300 for his wife Reby Sky. It’s said that TNA paid him around double that for his appearances at the New York City tapings this past week.
Matt is still not signed to TNA or Ring of Honor and wants to continue working for both promotions, even though that may not be possible. Hardy gave the impression that he’s not looking to sign a contract to work as a regular for any company.
Hardy said on a recent episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that he made enough money in WWE that he’s financially set for life but working indies allows him to earn a decent income and stay involved with wrestling.
Matt Hardy recently appeared on The Roman Show and talked about how the TLC matches in WWE took a toll on his body. Hardy said:
“Whenever human flesh and bone get slammed on steel like ladders or chairs, or tables, all that stuff, TLC’s or cages, the flesh isn’t going to win. Those matches beat you up and take a toll. It is what it is. Professional wrestling isn’t ballet. Those were very tough grueling matches. It definitely took a toll on us. They took time off our career I’m sure and they beat us up for many years down the road. With that said, those are the matches that made us famous.”
Hardy said each match had its own battles:
“That was tough. It was a challenge to overcome the last match. We were innovative.”
WWE Reportedly Helping DDP With Scott Hall & Jack Roberts
- Diamond Dallas Page has announced his first DDP Yoga workshop for the Midwest on Saturday, August 9th at Hammer’s Energy Fitness in LaSalle, Illinois. Full details and tickets are available at this link.
- The tag team dream match that Matt Hardy was teasing earlier has been announced for Northeast Wrestling’s Wrestling Under the Stars 3 event on August 2nd at Dutchess Stadium in Fishkill, NY. Matt and Jeff will be facing former TNA stars The Young Bucks. Jerry Lawler, Velvet Sky, Booker T and others will also be appearing.
- Ivan sent word that a rumor is going around on Big Brother message boards saying that this year’s show will pair former houseguests with their family members and that Frank Eudy, son of WWE Legend Psycho Sid Vicious, may be brought back with his father as one of the teams. Frank appeared on season 14 of Big Brother on CBS.
WWE NXT Take Over
- WWE’s website has a new interview with Tyson Kidd to promote Thursday’s NXT Takeover event. Kidd talked about what he meant by his re-birth on NXT recently:
“It’s a fresh coat of paint, a whole new start and a way for the WWE Universe to see Tyson Kidd in a different light than they have for the first few years I’ve been on the main roster. I think they’ll see a more complete package. I’m a constant work in progress, always working on every aspect to get better and better. You’re always going to see a different Tyson Kidd. Not that I haven’t been in the past, but I’m more motivated, focused and driven than ever before.”
Kidd also talked about what he’s out to prove by competing in NXT:
“I’m out to prove that NXT is not to be overlooked, that it’s not a stepping stone or an easy place to compete. Every single guy and girl down there is hungry. If you want to stay hungry, you have to compete with similar people. They’re so hungry and so driven, there’s a different type of atmosphere competing with these guys.”
Kidd was also asked why he’s going for the NXT Title. He responded:
“There are a couple reasons. First, look at Bo Dallas. He’s a former NXT Champion, the longest-reigning in history, and he had all those videos on Raw, SmackDown and Main Event. Everyone knew that he was coming. They may not know what he’s all about right now, but they know he’s coming. Also, it’s a great way for me to make a huge impact and help NXT. It springboards me back into the main roster spotlight. I want to use that to bring more awareness to NXT. I want to win the title and defend it around the world and have it seen on “Total Divas.” I want the NXT Championship to be worldwide, so everybody knows what it is.”
- We noted before that Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy faced The Briscoes at an OMEGA event earlier this year. Matt tweeted the following and is teasing another tag team dream match:
“Dear tag team wrestling fans, Pretty positive another pro wrestling tag team dream match is gonna be officially announced soon. Stay tuned”
- Mason Ryan’s first post-WWE appearance will come this Saturday at an American Pro Wrestling Alliance TV taping in Shinnston, West Virginia. Rob Terry, Christian York and former WCW star Kevin Sullivan will also be appearing.